Why Become a member
- LPA is the only organization in Latvia representing the
interests of peat industry both on national and international
- LPA is following the development of policy planning documents
and regulatory enactments and turns to the relevant ministries, if
corrections or additions are necessary.
- The opportunity to participate in member's meetings, where
urgent issues important to the Latvia's peat industry are being
discussed and decided.
- Also, most of the Council's meetings that are held on a monthly
basis, is open to all members of the Association.
- Sports Games. The Association believes that togetherness
of the Association members and health of workers are essential. To
promote above mentioned, since 2003 Latvian Peat producer's Sports
games is organized.
- A possibility for a reduced membership fee to participate
in the Baltic peat producers' forum and to meet annually with peat
producers, processors, buyers, etc., not only from the Baltics but
also from other countries in the world. Each year, the Forum is
organized by another Baltic country. Forum participants examine
topical themes within the peat industry, exchange information, get
acquainted with the work of a company or go on a tour to a place
related to bog or peat.
- Since LPA is also a member of the International Peat
Association (IPS), then all members of LPA receive the latest news
about issues related to bogs and peat from all around the world.
Also there is an opportunity to engage in any of the SKA Committees
and to keep track of their activities. Every four years, the
International Peat Association organizes the International Peat
Congress, where members of the LPA have the opportunity to
participate for a significantly lower membership fee.